On the water:
- A partial answer to the ARE YOU CRAZY? line of inquiry. Sure, a couple of budding geezers who sail 10,000 miles across the Pacific Ocean in a 24-foot boat might attract this sort of question. This comic nautical blog (2009 through present) has answers: Karen and Jim’s Excellent Adventure.
- This short video from 2019 is about the joys of slow: Going Slow, Small and Simple Through the Inside Passage to Alaska. Courtesy of Off Center Harbor.com.
I know this is jazz and not rock ‘n roll, but if Stephen King, Amy Tan, Dave Barry, Barbara Kingsolver and the other most august author-members of the Rock Bottom Remainders ever need another singer, please consider this my audition:
- Skylark (April 2010)
- I’ve Got a Crush on You (December 2018)
- God Bless the Child (December 2018)
- The Coffee Song (December 2018)
Pen-and-ink drawing has been a lifelong interest, though lately, the written word holds more sway over my imagination. These are some of the endangered species wildlife illustrations from the two Book It! series I did in 1996 and 1997, plus one more of a little girl who was sitting on a trampoline grinning while the wind swept through her hair. In order, they are: Bengal tiger (India), black rhino (Africa), desert tortoise (US Southwest), goliath frog (Africa), yellow-faced bee on a silversword (Hawaii), and the little girl. (Copyrighted; use with permission only)